Helping you through your diabetes journey
Diabetes WA have a range of educational programs and services that can help you through your diabetes journey. These programs are free to NDSS registrants and Diabetes WA members. Program include:
- Living with diabetes – The Living with Diabetes program has been designed to equip you with the necessary skills to manage and live well with your type 2 diabetes.
- MeterSmart – Learn how to effectively self-test your blood glucose levels.
- FootSmart – Learn how to look after your feet when you have diabetes.
- ShopSmart – Learn how to read and understand food labels in order to make healthy choices for every day meals, through a supermarket tour.
- MealSmart – Learn what a serve of every day food is and how much you need for your body. In this session we look at eating patterns and find out what we need to change to help lose weight and help your diabetes.
- CarbSmart – Learn about carbohydrates in your diet and glycaemic index.
You can find more detailed information on these sessions on the Diabetes WA website, along with a calendar showing what’s on. For all bookings and enquiries, phone (08) 9325 7699.
Please note: These programs have not been designed to be culturally appropriate for Aboriginal people. If you would like to find out more about our programs for Aboriginal people, please see the list under Programs in the main menu.